Thursday 17 March 2016

Happy news. Breathing space. Nice emails.

I did it. I passed my Masters Degree.

(thegiflibrary.tumblr.com)

My dissertation mark came though, and I passed. I passed it. It hath been passed. Have I said it enough times yet?

Basically I've had time to recover from the shock and considered that I can now add MA to my name (though who does that nowadays?) and I never have to go near education ever again. Except for being employed in the education sector. But you know what I mean. 


Ya, I still have my new*ish* job, working as a LRC assistant at a further education college. I had my six month review recently and they've decided to keep me on so I mustn't be doing too terribly. I've had some fun times and some trying times. I have very rollercoaster-y feelings towards my job. Probably because my place of work is mainly populated by teenagers who are almost adults but seem to act like children a lot of the time, and they themselves can be very rollercoaster-y. But they can be incredible people to work with too. Here's a snippet from an email that was sent to me by a student after I helped them sort something they'd been stuck with:

"Thank you, your a champion it there was more of you this world would be a better place."

Like, I don't even care about the grammar slips, that email made me feel on top of the world. The student didn't have to write that. They could have just been all cool, like "yeah, ta" or not even replied. It's nice to feel appreciated. 

I'm not longer kipping back at my parents. I have a place to call my own again with JJ. I've got my evenings and weekends back too, when I can do whatever I want. I have breathing space. I'm slowly becoming sociable again. Life is sunshine gold. 

I hope to start doing some book review type posts again, as I have now started to read books i actually want to read again. Like, I'm crazy reading right now. I just finished I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and I really want to try and wrestle with my feelings about it because one minute I hated it and the next minute I couldn't put it down. But that's for another post. I also want to talk about my feelings on completing 'reading challenges' or those '100 books to read in a lifetime' lists. 

Some more things to come basically. I am writing again. To those still reading, you have my love.

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment