Thursday 16 June 2016

Roald Dahl and Running

A quick update. In just over a week now I'll be running the Race for Life 5K at Tatton Park. Now, there's nothing particularly library-like or book-ish about this, so what's my point?

Well.

After I've sweatily puffed my way around this 5K business (I really hate running) I can go and sit down for half an hour, then make my way over to this:

[Picture Credit: Tatton Park/Quentin Blake]

The Tatton Park estate are holding a whole years worth of events to celebrate 100 years since the birth of the magical author. I am yet to find a person who does not enjoy Roald Dahl. He is marvellous. Anyway, many of the events are aimed at children, however it seems there's been much effort to include events for adults and this is one I will definitely be attending, running gear and all. The Mansion will be holding an exhibition of Roald Dahl book covers from all over the world and from different times in history. I cannot wait, and plan to do a post after my visit to vent my excitement. 

I'm also keen this month for the release of new BFG adaptation by Stephen Spielberg, released July 22nd in the UK. Another post on that awaits. To conclude this short post, I'm still alive and plan to post about many lovely book-ish things soon. For now,

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment