Tuesday 22 October 2013

A cool invention for book lovers

One last post about Berlin! I visited a market on Sunday and came across this beautiful stall selling things like homemade bags and phone holders. What caught my eye instantly, was this...



I'm not the worlds best photographer. But bear with me. It's not a little handbag. It's a book holder. Here it is from the back...



And here it is opened up:



The ribbon down the centre is a bookmark. The pockets on the left and right, hold the front and back cover pages of your book, and allow you to read, like this...


And this is what it looks like when it's closed:


It's perfect! They were all handmade, and there's even a zip pocket on the front of the 'book bag', where you could pop your phone, keys and a bit of money if you were just popping to your local cafe or something for a cozy hour of reading and eating (a good combination of things to be doing). It cost me 15 euros and there were so many designs to choose from. It took me a while to pick this one! The website, should you wish to order one, is in German unfortunately, and there are not so many designs to choose from. But the nice lady on the stall informed me that it would be best to email her, should I want to order another one, and so I guess she could tell you all of the designs and fabric choices available if you didn't like any on the site. She spoke perfect English, so if you emailed her in English I'm sure she would happily reply!

Here's the website, linked straight to the 'book bag' page: http://www.moneandme.de/epages/62382373.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62382373/Categories/Buchertaschen

There's some better pictures on the website too! She also makes holders for e-readers, if that's how you prefer to read your books. The book bag I bought is a good size to fit a standard paperback in comfortably. You might struggle fitting anything overly fat or tall into one, but on the whole, a very practical and funky invention!

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment